Job Title: FIDUCIARY TAX ACCOUNTANT -- More FIDUCIARY TAX ACCOUNTANT Jobs
Job Location: NY
FIDUCIARY TAX ACCOUNTANT
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Fiduciary Tax Accountant is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete,
and timely preparation of all clients’ filing of estate, gift, individual and fiduciary tax
returns as well as judicial accountings. Qualified candidate will be able to work
independently and will have experience in filing 1041's, 1040's, 709's and 706's,
and fiduciary state tax returns.
It is expected that our Fiduciary Tax Accountants:
· Prepare estate fiduciary income tax returns along with the decedent’s
final individual income tax return.
· Prepare trust fiduciary income tax returns and individual income tax
· Prepare fiduciary accountings (not mandatory but preferable).
· Engage in special projects related to client matters involving tax.
· Keep abreast of tax changes and issues that could affect our clients.
Competencies of our Fiduciary Tax Accountants:
· Demonstrates the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do
the job at a high level of accomplishment.
· Skilled in Problem Solving i.e. follows directions and knows when to ask
· Completes deliverables in a timely manner.
· Takes ownership of tasks and is able to work with others to prioritize
· Produces deliverables that are clear, concise, thorough and of
· Ensures job execution, documentation, and completion in accordance
with required policies and procedures
· Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and
requirements of internal and external clients.
· Exhibits values and ethics and integrity and trust that are in sync with
those of the firm and profession.
· An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting/taxation and/or
other appropriate academic major, as well as CPA certification
· 2 - 3 years experience in the preparation of fiduciary income tax
· Knowledge of the preparation of trusts, estate, gift tax returns and trust
· Strong client interaction skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A dedication to teamwork and leadership
· Integrity within a professional environment
· Working knowledge of GoSystem and Zane software a plus.
Other Job Information