Job Title: Electrical & Controls Engineer
Job Location: IL - Rockford
Position: Electrical & Controls Engineer
Reports To: Controls Engineering Manager
This Engineering position is responsible for developing complex designs in
conformance with company design standards and customer or Marketing
specifications. Engineers in this position must have strong design capabilities
coupled with an ability to achieve schedule budget and quality objective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create electrical schematics using Autocad Electrical software
· Identify the specific cables, connectors, fuses, circuit breakers and/or other
electrical devices for established project
· Work closely with vendors in indentifying appropriate equipment necessary for
· Create and document cabinet design layouts including drive, drive connections,
power modules, CNC and PLC modules, and terminal wiring within each box.
· Create and maintain all BOM and ENOC’s associated with all electrical parts
· Develops new designs to meet customer or Marketing specifications.
· Works with supervision to maintain project schedules and budgets.
· Supports the development and maintenance of department standards.
· Documents designs using the appropriate format (CAD drawings, Schematics,
Computer Source Code) to customer standards as required by the project.
· Provide necessary information to support the cabinet builders and shop
electrician during each cabinet build
· Provides assistance to other functional organizations (Manufacturing,
Assembly, Customer Service) throughout the life of the project.
· May have responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
· Develop specifications for purchased equipment.
· Maintains technical competency and works to expand technical skills and
· Support the start-up of projects on-site.
· Work across function lines to support all “Controls” related functions such as
logic development, and documentation completion.
· Working knowledge of FANUC, Siemens hardware platform.
· Some travel is required for this position.
· Must be a self-starter who can perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
· Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
· Must have demonstrated ability to develop complex designs.
· The ability to work well with others in a team environment is required.
· A general knowledge of machine tool types, their function and typical machining
process is required.
· Ability to work to a schedule and budget is required.
· Strong mathematical skills, including at a minimum, algebra, geometry,
trigonometry, and calculus/analytic geometry.
· Must have demonstrated strong electrical design skills.
· A basic foundation in the mathematics and calculations for the design of
electrical systems is required.
· Must have the ability to design electrical systems for CNC and/or PLC control
· Experience with Computer Engineering Tools for electrical system design is
· Skills must include the design of electrical schematics and application of
control system components.
· Knowledge of common US and International Electrical Codes are required.
· Bachelor degree in Electrical - Electronic Engineering or equivalent required
which provides extensive occupationally specific knowledge. In absence of a
bachelors degree, 10 or more years of experience in a similar field.
· One to three years experience in a similar field.
Other Job Information
Salary Range: Up to $80K