Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: OH
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for creating layout, design, assembly, and
fabrication drawings for turnkey automation systems, End-of-Arm Tooling (EOAT)
other custom equipment per customer specifications. They are to design, review, and
modify drawings from project commencement through project completion.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Confirm system and design feasibility/capability by analyzing customer
requirements and project specifications.
· Create 2D/3D design, assembly, and fabrication drawings per customer
· Create project bill of materials and coordinate parts ordering with the
Purchasing Department and third party vendors. Maintain communications with
and vendors to ensure parts are received within budget and on schedule. Assist the
Shipping/Receiving Department as needed when parts are received.
· Prepare project manuals upon completion of the project, including spare and
wear parts lists.
· Complete tasks within budget and on schedule. Provide continuous
on cost reduction for mechanical designs.
· Conduct Risk Assessments to ensure the systems are safe. Apply principles of
mechanics to conduct wrist inertia & momentum studies, robot reach, and EOAT
· Communicate project status with customers and in doing so there may be
travel and overnight stay requirements for customer meetings, site visits, etc.
· Other duties as necessary to ensure organizational success and customer
B.S. degree in Engineering (prefer Mechanical Engineering)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience. Prefer experience with custom
machine (turnkey automation systems) design.
· Automation industry experience to include Material Handling.
· Design experience with pneumatics (cylinders, grippers, fittings, valves,
· Experience using sensors, light curtains, AC motors, and servo motors.
· Demonstrated experience utilizing the following software programs:
§ Autodesk Inventor
§ Microsoft Office
§ Mechanical aptitude
§ Knowledge of and experience working in a manufacturing environment with
technical knowledge of operations and manufacturing flow.
§ Proven written and verbal communication skills.
§ Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
Other Job Information