Job Title: Sr. Auditor
Job Location: CA
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures
accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
2. Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning,
evaluating, and reporting.
3. Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for
assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the
next audit assignments.
4. Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for
5. Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to
address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
6. Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of
7. Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or
8. Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the
Inspection Group policies and procedures.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
•High School Diploma or GED required
•Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field
•Required license(s) or certification(s) CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, and/or CRCM
· Minimum years of audit and /or risk experience: Typically 6+ years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit
responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
• Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned
• Demonstratable strengths in one or more of the following:
• Bank Audit Activities
Banking laws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and
liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation
of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures;
deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems;
• Credit and Counterparty Activities
Commercial and industrial lending; commercial real estate; trade finance; consumer
lending; financial statement analysis; loan underwriting and structure; valuation;
highly-leverage transactions; accounting standards; Uniform Commercial Code;
capital markets and other non-traditional credit areas including off-balance sheet
credit risk; etc.
• Enterprise Risk Management Activities
Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations
(LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance
and management; operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call
reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting
(including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
• IT Audit Activities
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) requirements; application development and
maintenance; computer operations; technical services; communications; information
security (including system access control software, firewalls and encryption); end
user computing (including Internet, local and wide area networks, client server
technology, and PCs); contingency planning; operating systems (including
associated program products); database structures and access methods; system
analysis and design; programming and data extract languages and techniques; etc.
• Trust Audit Activities
Common law and trust regulations; account administration (including ERISA
requirements); operations; investment management; mutual funds (including SEC
requirements); real estate; trust tax; financial reporting (including FDIC and state
call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); related systems; etc.
• Technology Support
Responsible for providing development and technical support on the key applications
for the Inspection Group as well as acting as the primary technology liaison for the
Inspection Group with the Bank and Inspection Generale (IG). The successful
candidate will have a solid VBA development background, strong understanding of
the Bank’s technical infrastructure, and a desire and aptitude to learn and deploy new
Other Job Information
City: San Ramon