Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: OH
Job Purpose: Provide engineering services and information for developing and/or
improving manufacturing processes in order to increase manufacturing efficiency and
1. Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements;
researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and
equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
2. Understands Lean Manufacturing concepts and is a Certified Six Sigma Black
Belt / Green Belt, with working knowledge of Value Stream mapping, Root Cause
Analysis and the DMAIC process of problem solving.
3. Applies knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and
materials to evaluate existing processes to improve manufacturing efficiency in work
flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
4. Lead projects to implement new manufacturing processes to improve safety,
quality, delivery, and cost. Responsibilities include equipment & process selection,
justification, implementation, and follow up.
5. Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing
finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards and confirming
6. Participate in new product development projects to influence designs for ease of
manufacturing and transportation.
7. Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and
8. Assists keeping equipment operational by providing information on required
maintenance intervals and coordinating maintenance and repair services as needed.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Performs other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Experience Developing New Automated Processes
Broad Knowledge of Pneumatics and Servo Actuators
AB PLC Programming, Control Logix, SLC, PLC5
Industrial Control Systems Design (AB HArdware)
Working Knowledge of Mechanical Systems
Knowledge of Motion Controls, Induction and DC Motor Controls
Knowledge of Pneumatic Actuator Control and Relay Logic
Knowledge of Machine Guarding Systems
Salary Range: Up to